What We Do
GVI CT projects support a wide range of critical sustainable development initiatives including education, conservation and disaster relief, the National Scholarship Program (NSP) is our flagship initiative. NSP projects provide opportunities for students and adults in the regions where we work to receive support and access to education, training and opportunities that may lead to long term improvements for them, their local community and environment.
Scholarships we have awarded so far include, but are not limited to:
- Primary and secondary education for 4000 school children each year
- Additional monthly tuition of around 2000 students
- Higher education opportunities and teacher training courses
- Conservation and research training and experience
- Training and opportunities in sustainable alternative livelihoods
GVI CT Alumni from the National Scholarship Program have gone on to make considerable achievements, including higher degrees, and participate in and lead humanitarian and conservation initiatives around the world, achieving positions such as Directors, Senior Researchers, Head Rangers and Community Teachers. Their achievements and conduct stand as an inspiration to our current scholars.
We aim to continue expanding this program and offer opportunities to a greater number of local children and adults in the regions where we work.
How we use donations
We work extremely hard to ensure that all funds are used efficiently and effectively and only support long term sustainable initiatives. For each donation to GVI Charitable projects 90% of funds received will be used directly in the field, the remaining 10% plus Gift Aid is re-invested into the GVI CT helping to generate more interest and support for our projects, cover the costs of running the charity and enable a quick response to immediate needs.