GVI Charitable Trust National Scholarship Program
The National Scholarship Program (NSP) is the flagship initiative for the GVI Charitable Trust. Donations to this project will be used where we feel most beneficial in supporting our efforts around the world.
National Scholarship Program projects provide opportunities for students and adults in the regions where we work to receive support and access to education, training and opportunities that may lead to long term improvements for them, their local community and environment.
Scholarships we have awarded so far awarded include, but are not limited to:
- Primary and secondary education for 4000 school children each year
- Additional monthly tuition of around 2000 students
- Higher education opportunities and teacher training courses
- Conservation and research training and experience
- Training and opportunities in sustainable alternative livelihoods
We aim to expand this program and offer opportunities to a greater number of local children and adults in the regions where we work.
GVI CT Alumni from the National Scholarship Program have gone on to make considerable achievements, including higher degrees, and participate in and lead humanitarian and conservation initiatives around the world, achieving positions such as Directors, Senior Researchers, Head Rangers and Community Teachers. Their achievements and conduct stand as an inspiration to our current scholars.